Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Total Acceptance -- Proof Part 2


I am sure it was pretty strange for Vivian as she began to realize that she was accepted by Edward. I mean, she didn't exactly run in the same circles as the likes of him! And yet, it was true!

Just as it was true that Vivian was accepted by Edward, it is true that Jesus accepts us. A passage that confirms we are loved and accepted unconditionally is Psalm 139:1-4:

“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.”

God lavished us with his grace with all wisdom and understanding, as we saw in the last blog post.

Today we see that He knows our every thought, our every deed, indeed the very motives of our hearts. We are an open book to Him, transparent before him. There is nothing hidden from him about us.

Jesus knows you. He sees right through whomever you are pretending to be, to who you really are.

He is not put off by any of your shortcomings; your faults, your failures, or your flaws. He wants you to relax and be yourself – that is who he created you to be! He wants you to be comfortable in his presence. No matter what is in your past, or what your situation is right now, Jesus accepts you.

How can a perfect and holy Deity accept an imperfect sinner? He sees the repentant sinner through the “rose-colored glasses” of grace. He chooses to view us as pure and holy which is how we are, after being washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Isn’t that one of the things we love best about Edward? He saw Vivian not as who she had been, but as who she would be and could be under his care and guidance. He accepted her.

Dearest Reader: Do you find it hard to believe that Jesus accepts you completely, just the way you are?

No comments: