Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Maid in Manhattan -- Children Are NOT a Waste of Time!


His disciples were as much or more displeased at Jesus’ apparent waste of valuable time as Jerry was with Chris’ wasting time. In fact, Matthew writes that the disciples rebuked those who brought their children around Jesus to be prayed for and blessed. But Jesus wanted the children to come to Him. He put His disciples in their place, and welcomed and praised the little ones.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 19:14

The message is clear – Jesus values children. He values your child. He wants to be the father figure for your children, whether they have a ‘real’ dad or not. And furthermore, He wants you to become a child of God yourself.

Chris took a genuine interest in Ty, and Jesus takes a genuine interest in both you and your children. He couldn’t have a more vested interest – He was there at the foundations of the world and had a hand in creating you, and your children.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; . . . My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.”

Psalm 139:13-16


No comments: