Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Update on What's New with Darilyn! :)

One of the most amazing events of my life transpired over the last week.  My daughter has a friend who found himself in a bit of trouble...  I am putting it a bit mildly.  He needed to kick a drug problem.  He waited two months to get into rehab, and the day he thought he was getting in -- they turned him down!

So my daughter called me all upset because she wanted so much to help him.  It was a Friday afternoon and the best I could do was find out about a program that had intakes on Monday.  So, on Monday I took this precious child of God in to hear about the program.

The long and short of it was this: the intake counsellor met us, asked him some questions about his hopes and desires for the future, and pulled some strings to get him in right away.  I mean, right away!  We went and got him an overnight bag, and a doctor's clearance.  He was scared (I was afraid for him too...) but we faced into it, and off he went.

He had to do 5 days of detox, instead of 10, and he is now into 60 days of Rehab.

Now, I have to tell you, I really feel like I witnessed a miracle.  This young man's mother thinks she owes it all to me.  But we know it is Christ in me who has made a difference for this young man.  Still, what a privilege to be part of it.  And I get to be part of it all as his miracle continues to unfold for the next 60 days.

As part of my support for him, I am giving up chocolate for 60 days.  Every time I feel like eating chocolate, I am going to pray for him instead.  :)  If he can give up one of the most addictive substances known to man, surely I can surrender my chocolate.

Please pray for him readers.  The Lord will know who it is.  :)

Love you so much readers.  You are never far from my mind, and you are never absent from my prayers.

Darilyn


No comments: