Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's been on my mind...

Beloved Readers,

Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged.  First of all, my husband surprised me at the end of January by suggesting we get a way for an impromptu vacation.  We flew down to Los Angeles and got on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera.  It was wonderful!!

The day after we got home, I sold my house.  Not the one I have been living in for the past two years and three months with my new husband, but the one in which I lived for seven years as a single mom with my daughter and son.  I had been holding onto it, renting it out and keeping up with the payments.  But I finally felt that letting it go was an important step in letting go of former things.  The Lord says, "Forget the former things, see I am doing a new thing.  Do you not perceive it?"

Well, yes, I perceive it.  So I sold my house.  It was kind of hard, I mean the heights of my growing children were marked on the door-frame between the kitchen and living room.  One can see how they overtook me in height, the dates recorded there beside each mark.  It was a bit sad to think of another family living there, but the home went for well above list price, so I suddenly felt much better.  It was a fulfilled promise, the Lord restored the years the locusts had eaten!  "The desires of the righteous will be fulfilled."

Me, righteous?  Well, I know my only righteousness is because I have accepted the Great Exchange that Christ offers -- His death on the cross so that I am off the hook for paying the wages of sin.  In fact, I have never been more keenly aware of my own frailties as I have been lately.  Marriage is hard.  Blended-Family Marriages are even harder.  This is why I had been writing on How to Train Your Dragon.

I needed my own advice more desperately than any of you readers needed it.  I needed to apply the principles that I observed in that film to my own situation.  And so I did, and what a world of difference it has made.

The truth is that instead of Training my Dragon, I ended up changing me.  I literally trained myself to be a better wife by implementing what I learned from that seemingly insignificant kid's movie.  As I said, my husband suddenly wanted to whisk me away on a cruise!

And so I got to thinking, "Hey, maybe I should take my Dragon Training blog series and make it into a book."  I hope and pray that the concepts, founded on God's Word, will help transform others' marriages too.  So that is what I've been doing.  So, I am sorry that I haven't been adding to this blog -- but rest assured that the Lord is hard at work, conforming me to His image, and calling me onward to do more.

I trust and pray that the Lord is revealing more of himself to you as you seek him with your whole heart. Blessings, precious readers.

Love, Darilyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Darilyn. If this blog helps one marriage it will be worth your efforts. Keep up your writing. You are a gifted writer. Hopefully you will get wisked away on a cruise or trip again!