Sunday, April 25, 2010

Titanic -- "In all I do, I honor You."


"Amazing love, I know it’s true
It’s my joy to honor You
In all I do, I honor You.”

Knowing my sin was part of why He had to die inspires me to live my life in a way that would be a blessing to him. I want to live the way Jesus would want me to live.

Just like Jack, Jesus said not a single word in complaint on His way to Calvary. He did not try to avoid it or to save His own life. In fact, He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. It was His amazing love for me, for you, that led Him to the cross:

“Because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions . . . .”
Ephesians 2:4-5

I appreciate so much what Jesus did for me that I want to honor Him with all I do, just as the song says. And I guess that is kind of what Rose did too.

She fought for her life; she blew the whistle for the rescuers to come to her when she felt more like staying there and dying in the cold. When she had to give her name to the officials, she called herself Dawson. And she went on to live a full and abundant life, a life that would have made Jack proud of her. She obeyed him to the end – she died an old lady warm in her bed.

That is what I want to do too. I want to be faithful to the very end. I want to live each and every day acting on the firm belief that I am truly His Princess Bride.

No comments: