Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Jesus is all you need!" (Yeah, right!)

I remember hearing, just when my life was about to unravel, “You never know Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have.”


Oh man, that ticked me off! It ticked me off because by this time I had at least figured out these Christian tag-lines didn’t make any sense until you have experienced it yourself. So my first and immediate emergency-response prayer was, “Oh, God, do NOT let me have to learn that lesson first-hand!


This blog series is a result of me learning that lesson first hand.


This blog will not be filled with regurgitated pat-answers, ineffective platitudes or meaningless slogans. I will not give you a mirage and call it an oasis. I will not use smoke and mirrors to create an illusion then try to pass it off as reality.


This blog will contain The Real Thing. And I don't mean Coke!


This blog will offer the Truth. I pray it will be – a real and present help in times of trouble. I will share with you some solid answers I have discovered to some of life’s toughest questions.


I won’t just say, “Jesus is the answer.” I will show you how Jesus is the sufficiency to your most difficult questions, the fulfillment of your deepest, most intimate needs, and the ultimate hope in the midst of your most desperate hour.

* * * * *

I pray you will make a commitment to join me for the journey, dear Reader!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! Back in the day i could not under stand those christian lines.. nut thanks to a great school i learnt alot of great things about our God..
Amber Bergen