Monday, August 9, 2010

Personal Message from Darilyn

I just wanted to thank my readers so very much for their continued interest and support of this blog site. I do not have the sitemeter counts visible on this page, but I do have the statistics emailed to me weekly. To my great surprise and delight, the readership of this blog continues to grow. This even in spite of no new postings since August 3. I am thoroughly impressed and humbled by all the reader attention. So, again, I say thank you so much.

As of August 3, 2010 I finished posting the first 8 movie characters that parallel Christ. I would be happy to continue posting how I see Christlike characteristics or Biblical Truths from popular films, and perhaps one day I will expand in that direction. I have been pondering which direction I should take this blog as I have enjoyed an incredible summer.

I was so fortunate to spend the first three weeks of July in Europe. (The new profile photo is of me at a Piazza in Rome.) Since returning home, I have enjoyed unlimited sleep, and some incredibly great time with my husband and young-adult children. Next week we are on a family vacation to southern California and Vegas. Meanwhile, the Lord has been using people and circumstances to speak to me about what direction my service to Him should take.

One decision I have made is that I will be posting on this blog from my next book, "Jesus is Enough." This is and will be a real spiritual stretch for me for several reasons.

First, there are still moments that come along that bring such challenge, or calamity, or sadness into my life that I catch myself asking, "Is Jesus really enough?" I don't know why this continues to surprise me. I suspect it will always be so. After all, the delight in this is that only after asking the question, and seeking Him anew in light of each new (and sometimes terrifying) circumstance, I learn, again, that He really is more than enough.

Second, the nature of sharing how Jesus is real to me in the midst of life's most 'interesting' moments, means that I will be opening myself up to you, my readers. I will have to be vulnerable and transparent in order to convey the incredible, life-saving impact that Jesus has had on my life. And so I will be giving you so much of myself.

Third, I am not finished the book, and I am not finished learning all the ways that Jesus is enough. I suspect I will be learning for the rest of my life just exactly how He is enough as life's experiences continue to bring me unique challenges.

The other decision I have made will also present a challenge to me personally, professionally and academically. I have decided to pursue my Master's of Communication degree, while I continue to teach English and Bible at the amazing private Christian academy where I have been for the past 9 years. I know I can do it because the Word tells me, "I can do all things through Christ!" Also, my friends and mentors all insist I can do it! I am choosing to believe them. This new challenge in my life will, I am sure, show me new ways in which Jesus is enough.

So, readers, I invite you to continue checking this blog for new entries. I am so thrilled with the readership that exists so far, and I encourage you to share with others anything and everything that you have found to be a blessing here.

May God richly bless you for your desire to know Him better. May He reward your diligence as you earnestly seek Him. And may He guide my every word that I may be a vessel of His blessing to you!

No comments: