Sunday, December 26, 2010

So this is Christmas...

        
          The gifts have all been opened, the turkey's been cooked.  I resisted the urge to run to the mall today to exchange the gifts that weren't "just right."  My husband is sleeping, my teenage son is on his computer, and I have to ask myself, "So, this is Christmas?"

          Why is it, every year, I get caught up in the shopping, decorating, cooking and wrapping, and seem to lose sight of the very reason for the season?  Jesus has come.

          We stress over who's visiting with who, and when.  We stress over how much we are or are not spending on gifts.  How many Christmas parties, events and dinners can we squeeze into our schedules? What does it take to make us feel like our holiday was successful, and like we are significant?  Jesus has come.

          It feels great to see family, and even better to put a smile onto the faces of the ones we hold most dear.  But it is in the quiet moments, when I can sit and reflect, that I finally remember, once again, that Jesus has come.

Jesus, Jesus, Lord to me,
Master, Saviour, New-born King,
Came to change everything,
Jesus, start with me.

Has Jesus come into your heart?  Have you invited Him in, this holiday season?  I pray God will bless you richly this holiday season with an abundance of peace in His presence.

Love, Darilyn

No comments: