Friday, April 15, 2011

"Unfailing Love" part 6


The third group of wishes centered around relationships.
The wishes were for someone to love and to be loved.  Don’t we all want and need that?  God is fully aware of this.  After all, He created us for love.
Proverbs 19:22 says,
What a man desires is unfailing love;”  

The boys wished for girlfriends, hot girlfriends specifically.  I don’t think they had marriage on their minds, if you know what I’m saying!  Whereas the girls wished for husbands, preferably a prince.  Can you see the conflict of interest here?  The world is full of women, young women, who are just starving for love.  Unfailing love.  They seem to be willing to do just about anything to snag themselves a man.

But, Proverbs 20:6 declares,
Many a man claims to have unfailing love, 
but a faithful man who can find?”

Indeed!  Where can you find a faithful man?  We are a generation looking for love in all the wrong places.  The truth is that the One and Only source of unfailing love is God Himself.  God is love.
I will never forget the day that I learned, deep in the marrow of my bones, that I am loved by God.  
It was the day I found Ephesians 1:4-5,

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world 
to be holy and blameless in his sight. 
In love he predestined us to be adopted 
as his sons through Jesus Christ, 
in accordance with his pleasure and will—

These verses told me six life-changing facts:

  1. I was chosen by the Creator of the universe, before it was created.
  2. I am holy and blameless in His sight.  (Imagine, ME!?!?)
  3. God was motivated by love.  No ulterior motives.
  4. I was predestined to know Him.
  5. He adopted me because I brought him pleasure.
  6. God loves me intentionally.


In that moment, my soul opened up as if I had been struck with spiritual lightening.  And I knew that I knew that I was loved by God.  The sad thing is that I had been a Christian for years already!

Maybe you are here tonight and you are wishing you knew that you are loved by God.  Ladies, let me tell you tonight, that if I am loved by God, YOU ARE LOVED BY GOD!!  And his love is unfailing.

*****

Readers, you might like to know that after almost 10 years of being a single mom, a faithful man found me.  We were married November 28, 2008.  Here we are:



No comments: