Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's not about me?

The revelation begins as a sneaking suspicion. The world will not cooperate, at times, and that is when you first begin to wonder. Then the evidence mounts up quickly when things are just not going your way. But when you find out for sure -- even though it should be obvious -- it still comes as a shock. It's not about me?


A special thanks to Rick Warren for confirming that for me in the opening lines of his book, "Purpose Driven Life." If I hadn't seen it in print, I would probably still be fighting it.


It really is all about Jesus. Who He is, what He has done, and most importantly, how He can make all the difference in the nitty-gritty of your life, right now.


But, in order to open up to you exactly how Jesus makes a daily difference, I will need to share some of my experiences with you. I may also share some stories that come from the lives of those close to me in order to show you just how powerful Christ is.


Believe me when I say – He can hand you the victory no matter how things look.


I once attended a church where the pastor was telling us that he came from a long line of pastors. He was so proud of the fact that he was the 5th generation pastor in his family. He also shared that his wife of 35 years was the only woman he had ever kissed.


"The ONLY woman he has ever kissed!?!" I thought, “Oh, crap! I might as well give up on this Christian thing because if that is the standard I have to meet, I have already failed miserably.


Thank God (I say that not in a flippant way) I later attended a church where the pastor told a very different tale.


I learned then that I am not disqualified, no matter what. And today I tell you -- neither are you!



No comments: