Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things did not get better in my life. But my life got better.

I will tell you what I hate. What I really, really hate, is the lie that if you accept Jesus as your saviour, your life will magically transform into butterflies and roses.


After I got serious about pursuing Christ, things did not get better in my life. But my life got better. On the outside, things got even worse, but on the inside, I was growing stronger and more faithful.


It was just the way scripture describes it:


Though outwardly [I was] wasting away,

yet inwardly [I am] being renewed day by day.”

2 Corinthians 4:16


I was being renewed because I was learning that Jesus really is the One and Only that I need. I came to realize by experience that He either IS what I need, or He provides what I need. There is nothing He can’t provide or fulfill in my life – if I think so, it is only because I have not yet learned how he can, does, or will provide the very thing I need.


I really did learn firsthand that Jesus is all I need. And there were times that He was all I had. This blog will share with you exactly how Jesus will meet your needs, just like He met mine. If only you will let Him.


I came by this knowledge through years of seeking out Truth, and through a myriad of experiences, and I beg you to never reduce my life-lesson into the phrase, “Jesus is enough.” Instead, when have the desire to help another, please share this link. Never let “Jesus is enough” be a catch-phrase – I pray you will let it become a reality in your life.



No comments: