Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Appreciation Part III

When we are up to our eyeballs in work, or crying children, or whatever it is that has us feeling like we are in over our heads, it is easy to lose sight of what it is all for. Sometimes it just seems pointless, doesn't it?


But that is not the truth. The Truth is that everything we do is a service unto the Lord, if we just choose to see it that way. Check this out:


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men,

since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.

It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”

Col 3:23-24


You mean when I’m doing dishes?

Whatever you do.

You mean when I making dinner?

Yes, it is the Lord Christ you are serving.

How about when I am doing laundry?

Yes, even when you are doing laundry. Jesus would have had dirty clothes too, you know. And, remember, Jesus Himself was not above washing his disciples' stinky, dusty feet with his own bare hands. So, yes, while you are doing laundry, you can do that unto the Lord too.


I know how tempting it is to cut corners when you feel like your candle has been burnt down to a nub on both ends. But we must keep on doing that which we are called to do. In fact, His word tells us that if we know we ought to be doing something, and we don’t, that is sin.


But you don’t understand!! I am so tired!


Yes, I believe I just might understand. But I also know His strength is made perfect in your weakness. In fact, it is your weaknesses that are so precious to God, for it is there where we finally admit how much we need Him.


You see, the vast ocean of your needs, the very thing that may make some "friends" want to turn away from you, is the very thing that makes Jesus turn towards you. He wants to meet your every need, as only He can: perfectly.


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.

If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in . . .

Rev 3:20



My beloved sister, as soon as we begin to go to Him to meet our need for praise we will finally begin to be satisfied. How much better it is to be praised by the King of kings than by mere mortals, anyway?


No comments: