Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To Blog


Precious Readers,

A funny thing happened on my way to blog. I noticed for the first time that blogger.com provides a stats tab. By clicking on it I discovered that I have readers in 20 different countries worldwide including:

United States, Canada, United Kingdom, India, Italy, France, Brazil, Turkey, Indonesia, Philippines, Germany, Netherlands, Panama, Sweden, Mexico, Thailand, Argentina, Ireland, Algeria, and Chile.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude -- for everyone who is reading and sharing this blog. Thank you so very much. I realize for some of you it is an act of huge courage to share this blog, and I want you to know that if you are doing that, the Lord sees and knows. He promises that His Word will not return void, and I trust as you are sending it forth by sharing this blog, that people are being encouraged.

I am humbled. Only God knows what an imperfect, undeserving person I am to be entrusted to speak into your lives, and what an awesome God He is! Awesome and terrifying -- I so want to honor Him with everything that I write. I so want to edify you, dear readers! I want to be so careful to always bring you the full strength of His Truth without diluting it with my own weaknesses.

And readers, what really amazes me is you! Some of you are reading this in countries where Christianity is not allowed. I commend you for your courage! I love and admire you so very much. Here is my prayer for you:

Heavenly Father, you know intimately every person who is reading this blog. You know the challenges they are facing. Please show yourself present in their lives in ways that are real and meaningful to them. Cover them with your protection, and surround them with your love. Help them connect with other believers and help them strengthen one another in your Word. And Father, continue to give them the courage to follow Jesus. Help them know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Prize of knowing Jesus is worth any cost.

For those of you who are reading this blog in English when your first language is something else, I salute you! And I thank you for persevering with me in order to get closer to Christ. May God richly bless you!!

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you,
because your faith is being reported all over the world."
Romans 1:8

Readers, I would like to ask you to do two things for me:

First, keep reading. Please keep coming back. And please share this blog with someone you care about. Together, we can spread the love of Christ around the world.

Second, please click on the comment button and let me know your first name, and the city or town where you are, if it is safe to do so. I would like to know. I would like to put a pin in my map and pray for you.

Thank you so much!!

Darilyn

No comments: