Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inception -- He Comes to Steal


The movie Inception is about a man, Dominic Cobb, who is an expert in infiltrating peoples’ dreams and “extracting” their ideas, that is, stealing them. This all supposedly takes place as a form of corporate espionage.

In this movie Cobb faces his greatest challenge -- rather than stealing an idea -- he must plant an idea, he must accomplish “inception.”

These two insidious attacks against the mind are just like the attacks that Satan launches against our minds. First we will talk about what he attempts to steal from us, and later we will talk about what kinds of ideas he tries to plant in us.

Satan is alive and well and “prowling around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.” He is the thief who comes to steal, kill and destroy.

What does he come to steal? One of the things that the devil wants to take away from you is your peace. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. Isn’t it obvious, then, that Satan wants to rob you of that peace?

Satan wants to get you worrying. Why? Because Jesus has told us not to worry about tomorrow! When we worry, we are defying a direct order to not worry!

I have to admit right up front that worrying is something I fall into all too often. Just ask my kids, or my husband, they would tell you that I definitely worry too much! I have felt convicted over my worrying because I realize that worrying is evidence that I am not trusting God. Worrying implies that I do not believe that God has got my back.

So, yes, Satan wants to rob you of your peace and get you worrying.

Another thing that Satan wants to take away from you is the Truth that is sown in you. In the parable about the sower, some of the seed is stolen away by the birds of the air before it can take root -- that is a picture of how Satan wants to steal away the Truth the very moment you hear it!

Readers, this blog is a place you can come to for Truth. I promise you to bring you the pure Truth and put it into words you can understand and enjoy. Please pray for me that I find time to write for you, and that when I write, I am diligent to stay accurate to scripture.

Thank you so much for reading, thank you for coming back again, and thank you for sharing this blog with others! I love you, I pray that this blog is a continuing blessing to you and yours.

Darilyn

No comments: