Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome to Tried and True!

Ever since discovering the stats tab here in Blogger, I have checked on a regular basis to see where the readers are who are accessing this blog. I have been keeping track, and much to my own surprise and fascination, there are new countries represented every day.

A few days ago, I added a page and posted the flag of each nation of my readers. Since then, in just a few days, new readers have joined from Jamaica, Isle of Man, Romania, Poland, Egypt, Australia, Spain and Ecuador. I will add their flags shortly.

Now, you would think that all of this activity on my blog would make me very happy. And it does. But, it also makes me hyper-aware of the fact that I will give an account of every word I have spoken (well in this context, written) to the One and Only! And that makes me a little nervous. Maybe even a lot nervous.

It is my greatest desire to lift you up, readers. To inspire you to a closer walk with Jesus, or if you don't know Him personally yet, to inspire you to invite Him into your heart.

I hope and pray that each one of you has a copy of the Holy Bible to call your own. And I pray you are checking and double-checking everything I say against the truth of God's Word. If you don't have a copy of the Bible, and many of you may not, then how much more important is it for me to accurately represent God's Truth to you.

So my prayer today is this:

Help me, Lord Jesus, to accurately portray your character, your greatness, your holiness, your loveliness, and your gentleness to my readers. Help me to correctly interpret and impart your wisdom and truth to the readers of this blog. Let this blog be a blessing and treasure to all who find it. Let these readers grow and benefit from what they find here, and let them have the courage and kindness to share it with others around the globe. And Father, bless all those who seek to know You. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

Readers, you are so precious to me. I watch for you every day. I treasure your trust in me. If anything I write has been a blessing to you, thank the Lord for it. As you go about your day, please know that Jesus loves you more than you could ever fully realize. And He is with you wherever you go.

Love,
Darilyn

No comments: