Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hey McSteamy -- I need my HOPES lifted!


We either see our plastic surgeon to get something removed or reduced, or to get something enhanced or augmented.  Last time I wrote about how my McSteamy removed my ugly growth of bitterness, unforgiveness and whatnot, free of charge.  All I have to do from now on, is remember that its done.  In fact, I think his exact words were, "It is finished."

So now, let's see.  What do I need more of?  I don't want (or need) breast augmentation.  And, rather than a collagen injection to plump up my lips (or whatever else...), what I need to continue with my emotional extreme makeover is an infusion of hope.

Sometimes we look to our circumstances and don't see any reason there to hope.  Maybe it seems like we are in a dark tunnel, without the benefit of seeing a light at the end of it.  It is very difficult to live this way.  It is even harder to die this way.  Even Jesus needed the promise of hope to carry him through.

Scripture says,
"For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, 
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." 
Hebrews 12:2

Jesus found hope in the joy set before Him.  He needed that hope in order to get through His most difficult hour.  Naturally, we all need hope to carry us through our darkest hours.

Where is our hope?   

"In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. 
May your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
even as we put our hope in you." 
Psalm 33:21-22

"You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word."
Psalm 119:114

"As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more." 
Psalm 71:14

"Hope in the LORD and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;"
Psalm 37:34

"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

Readers, this is just a small taste of the amazing promises for hope in the Bible.  I pray you will look deeply into His word for yourself.  I am praying for you.  Keep pursuing Jesus for he is surely pursuing you.  May He give you a hope-lift today!

Love Darilyn

1 comment:

Andrew the Canucklehead said...

It is very true that we all need hope to carry us through tough situations. Many things occur in life that will trouble us and make us feel hopeless, but we can always hope and trust in God for Him to help us through whatever we are struggling with.

I love that you included how Jesus even needed hope while he was on the cross. He asked God for help, and God helped him to persevere. No matter what we are dealing with, we can always hope and believe that God will carry us through our problems. Anytime I am dealing with a problem, whether it be homework or relationships, I always hope in God for Him to help me. I don't expect Him to do things for me, but I know that I can count on him for having my back. I really enjoyed this post of yours, Mrs. Lemky.