Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet My McSteamy:



Okay, so I am driving home thinking about all the things I have to do, and suddenly I find myself thinking about how far I've come, how much I've changed since I was an emotionally disfigured young woman.

"Emotionally disfigured" I wondered how in the world that phrase came to me. But really, I was. Rejected, abandoned, abused, neglected. But that was then, and this is now.

Then I got thinking that what this world needs is a plastic surgeon who can fix the damage done to our souls so that we are like new again. Something a bit more powerful than "chicken soup for the soul," if you know what I'm saying.

More effective than botox, we wouldn't paralyze our emotions. Our emotions just wouldn't paralyze us. We need a healer that can restore, renew, and rebuild our "ancient ruins." We need a supernatural McSteamy.

Jesus is my McSteamy. Oh yeah! I might be looking a little worn out on the outside -- somedays more than others. But on the inside, I am being renewed day by day. Jesus is real. I am a new creation because of Him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! You are really stepping up your blog! Love it.
Arla

Andrew the Canucklehead said...

Hey Mrs. Lemky this is Andrew. I'm not sure whether you wanted me to post my daily written assignment on your blog or not, and if you wanted it as a comment to your blog, but I have pasted it below.

Maybe it's his loving nature towards each and every one of us, or his ultimately forgiving side that understands everything we have done. Maybe it's his generosity towards us by dying on the cross, or his gentle side that speaks to us all. Maybe it's the fact that he will never leave us nor forsake us, and that he will always be with us. Maybe it's his infinite amount of knowledge of everything that we do, or his ultimate amount of patience for us all. It is because of all of these things that I love Jesus Christ with all of my life, and that he makes me feel honoured to call myself a Christian and to be able to attend a Christian school. Maybe one day more people that haven't already realized all of these wonderful things will learn them and will decide to dedicate their lives to Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs Lemky,
I listened to your speech today in my church (Waverley Baptist), and I was touched by your words, even though I have not seen any of the movies you referred to.
Thank you so much for sharing all that with us.

Miguel

Darilyn Edmison said...

Thank you for your kind words, Miguel!

I am planning to blog about many more movies in the future. What are your favourite movies?

Darilyn